Tim O’Reilly suggests that bloggers abide by the following laws to ensure civility on their site.
1. Take responsibility not just for your own words, but for the comments you allow on your blog.
2. Label your tolerance level for abusive comments
3. Consider eliminating anonymous comments
4. Ignore the trolls (“Don’t feed the trolls”)
5. Take the conversation off-line and talk directly, or an intermediary who can do so
6. If you do know someone who is behaving badly, tell them
7. Don’t say anything online that you wouldn’t say in person
What do you guys think?